Forum etiquette

Re: Forum etiquette

Postby DG1 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:30 pm

Loomis i never said trailer trash, I said trailer park. Now go back to the Dlb wide and cook some fried chicken. Tim it's OK we understand
DG1

Postby szigeti » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:28 pm

Generally speak we don't truly know our limits until they've been exceeded.

Could you PM a few of us who have "stirred things up" in a bad way? I little friendly feed back?

ITP
szigeti

Postby virtuallyme » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:12 pm

guilty, I know it!
yet never censored

Tim I hope the admonishment alone does the trick.
Loomis is correct re: an agitator deliberately baiting us
virtuallyme

Postby imgasious » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:51 pm

Tim ROCKS!!! He does a great job with the technical part of things on this site and then displays his wisdom and grace through the personnel part of the forum. I can seriously say that we have an excellent webmaster.
imgasious

Postby loomisdairy » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:05 pm

racial remarks ( fried chicken) trailer park( what people in trailers are less educated?) these post are ok and my post sounding off on a nimby is pulled? Brain is the gas starting to get to you? While I know DG is joking, many others probably don't. I am starting to think chas is running this forum. Tim, no disrespect you do a good job just not grasping your choice of pulled post versus ones that are allowed to stay.
loomisdairy

Postby loomisdairy » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:25 pm

DG, just cause your wife won't let you bring the sheep in the house dont take it out on the forum. You better go I can hear them now 'daaaadddddddddyy.'
loomisdairy

Postby imgasious » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:58 pm

We have the right to voice our opinion here, we just need to watch the language used when voicing our thoughts. I agree, Loomis, that some may not know that DG1 is joking and could take offense. Good point.

I don't believe that this thread needs much more development - we all just need to move on and practice what the thread talked about. Our efforts require unity - we already know that a house divided against itself will fall. And unity doesn't mean uniformity. We do have a common cause, let's stick with it.
imgasious

Postby DG1 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:55 am

Loomis,Loomis,Loomis you had to bite the apple. When will you learn. You have a nice day with your muck boots and stool.
DG1

Postby taschutt » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:18 am

loomisdairy wrote:Tim, no disrespect you do a good job just not grasping your choice of pulled post versus ones that are allowed to stay.

Oh, no disrespect taken! I totally understand your point, and the gist of it is this: I receive a complaint about a post, I look at the post and if it seems to cross a line then I pull it. And there have been times that when I pulled one post, I went back through the thread and pulled others at the same time, even if they weren't directly complained about. But that has been an imperfect science, for sure.

I know that this has been a far from perfect, and possibly (probably?) unfair way of doing this because I know some are overlooked and others aren't, but I do have a limited amount of bandwidth during the day so I have to rely on other people's eyes on the postings.

And szigeti: I guess I could, but then I start to squirm a bit because I don't want to be the "moral judge" of the forums - the last thing I want to do is PM people saying "Watch your tone please". Seems to me that that could piss people off right quick. How about this: if I pull a post, I'll PM the author to let you know why I pulled it. Would that work?

And DG1 - watch your tone please :D
taschutt
Site Admin

Postby szigeti » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:30 pm

We surely don't want that, people are pissed enough already :D

I've had no idea people's posts were being pulled? I don't want to be banned or overly PC , beating around tbe bush.

I guess if I use Loomis as my ethical role model I'll be OK :shock:

ITP
szigeti

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion