Anti's tout "last push": Bird-dogging Cuomo, another concert

Anti's tout "last push": Bird-dogging Cuomo, another concert

Postby WorkItOutAlready » Tue May 01, 2012 9:39 am

Hi Folks:

Not only do the Anti's not believe in your property rights, they also don't believe in your freedom of speech!

Somehow a warning email sent from an anti from New Berlin made it on to our forum on May 1st. Apparently she Felt ner rights were violated when she found out this happened. I spoke with her on the phone for quite some time last week. It was a civil conversation. I explained first amendment issues and the reality that whatever I send out via email also ends up in Anti postings all over - there's not much we can do about public forums.

Well, after her routine calls to the police, they asked me today to take down her email as courtesy to them. Here are a few thoughts . . .

1. We appreciate our police force and will do this for them. Our men and women of the badge deserve our respect and loyalty. It's sad that someone had to be a dripping faucet to them when they have real issues to deal with.
2. No one had commented on that post for over 2 weeks. It seems that they'd be wiser to let it die in the pile of forgotten posts rather than resurrect it only to create a greater issue.
3. Once again the double standard comes into play. Is she upset when her people use my emails or that of the JLC for their own purposes? Was she upset when, at our personal press conference last Wednesday in Albany, Antis showed up to gain the attention of the media? They don't care about any of our rights - period.
4. Our state needs to turn a deaf ear to childish whining and keep this a purely scientific issue. I don't let my kids get their way through annoying tactics. Four years of pacifying this has done nothing to solve the true issues!

--Brian

More illegal, unregistered lobbying...

[Email address redacted at the request of the police.]

Please post to your LISTSERVES OR send individually to people you know, if you haven’t received this..

Be careful where you post this so it’s not in the PRO DRILLERS hands...

This IS the last push for a FULL BAN on Fracking.

Groups need to get on board with this ONE GROUP to make a FULL IMPACT on Governor Cuomo.

WE NEED TO MAKE OUR PRESENCE KNOWN AS ONE FULL GROUP OR HE WON’T SEE THIS AS THE MAJORITY, BUT, ONLY SMALL LITTLE GROUPS.

Sent: Monday, April 30, 2012 9:21 PM
To: cheryl@...
Subject: Identifying allies to help ban fracking in New York

Dear Members of New Yorkers Against Fracking,

Governor Cuomo and his Department of Environmental Conservation are poised to move forward with fracking in New York in the next few months. It is more urgent than ever that we align our efforts and work together to show the breadth of popular opposition to fracking and the strength and commitment of the movement to ban it.

That is why we came together as New Yorkers Against Fracking: to collaborate more effectively, coordinate our resources more efficiently, get our stories into the press and strategically mobilize to pressure our elected officials to take a stand against fracking.

Together, we will show Governor Cuomo the true force of the movement to ban fracking in New York.

In the next six weeks, we must turn the tide and make it clear to Governor Cuomo that New Yorkers stand firmly against fracking, now and forever. We need to show him the depth and diversity of New Yorkers Against Fracking. We will do this by networking in our communities, holding press events and organizing rallies, delivering petitions, pressing and asking tough questions of Governor Cuomo and key members of the legislature, and thinking outside the box to make our movement stronger.

TO DO THAT, WE NEED YOUR HELP ON TWO KEY PROJECTS IN THE NEXT SIX WEEKS

1. GET CONSTITUENCY GROUPS SIGNED ON IN SUPPORT OF A BAN ON FRACKING

We need to show Governor Cuomo and our state legislators that the movement to ban fracking embraces a wide range of constituencies, from farmers to faith leaders, wine and beer makers and other vested business interests. Use the endorsement form attached to this email or available on our web site, and ask businesses and organizations in your community to support a ban fracking.

We are looking for businesses, faith leaders, food groups, health organizations and students to collectively call on Governor Cuomo for a ban. We have hundreds of businesses signed up already but need an extra push to have an even greater impact. We need to have a powerful group of businesses; faith-based groups and local organizations signed on by the end of May, so please start speaking to your neighbors today!

A paper endorsement form is attached, but please encourage use of our online form, which can be found here. (Want to provide extra support to the coalition? If your church, local farmer or bagel shop signs the paper form, please enter it online for us. That way our staff will have more time to do additional outreach, plan events and create web sites!)

We are focusing primarily on businesses, particularly those in the food industry, and faith-based organizations, but any group, company, or institution is good to have!

2. SIGN UP TO BE ON THE RAPID RESPONSE TEAM

As we all know, if we snooze, we loose. There’s too much at stake to let that happen! It’s important that we have a group of people who are interested in responding quickly to new developments in this campaign. We are planning to do this by writing letters to the editor, organizing events, creating fast action press releases or asking tough questions of Governor Cuomo, Senator Grisanti, Senator Skelos or your state representative when they attend events in your area. And if you hear of an event in your area that Governor Cuomo is going to attend, you can let us know so we can connect people on the ground that are interested in “bird-dogging,” or showing up with signs, asking the right questions and getting our voices heard.

If you are interested in joining the rapid response team, email Cheryl@...

Also, don’t forget our two exciting upcoming events:

• On May 2nd, we will be delivering thousands of petitions calling on Governor Cuomo to ban fracking in New York. On May 3rd, join hundreds of other activists across the state in a statewide day of action. To find an event in your neighborhood, click here.

• On May 15th, there will be an all star concert event in Albany featuring Medeski, Martin & Wood, Natalie Merchant, Citizen Cope, The Felice Brothers, Joan Osborne, Tracy Bonham, Toshi Reagon, Dan Zanes, Ida, The Horse Flies, and The Ahkwesasne Women Singers. This amazing event will be hosted by Mark Ruffalo and Melissa Leo. Tickers are selling out quickly. To make sure you can attend, call 518-473-1845 or click here. (Buses will likely be leaving from New York City, Buffalo and other locations throughout the state. For transportation details, click here.)

Thank you! As always, we look forward to continuing to work with you to protect New York’s food, air, water and communities. If we can help, please don’t hesitate to call.

Cheryl Wertz & David Braun
New York Against Fracking staff

917-573-6282
WorkItOutAlready

Re: Anti's tout "last push": Bird-dogging Cuomo, another con

Postby gasinator » Tue May 01, 2012 10:05 am

Of course that's a Manhattan phone number. No surprise.
gasinator

Postby gageboys » Tue May 01, 2012 12:07 pm

Be careful where you post this so it’s not in the PRO DRILLERS hands... :shock:
gageboys

Postby njed284 » Tue May 01, 2012 1:49 pm

I think that they forgot one major card that these anti's have yet to play, they have not anounced a complete boycott of natural gas products. Just think of what would happen if all of those opposed to drilling simply stopped using natural gas for cooking or heating their homes and switched instead to electric only. OH YEAH I FORGOT THAT MOST ELECTRIC COMES FROM NATURAL GAS ALSO. Oh well, there is always wood. Can't you just picture all of the hi-rise apartments using wood burning stoves so that they could say they are not using ng. Ed/da
njed284

Postby Bonafide » Tue May 01, 2012 5:10 pm

LOL its a big secret....
Bonafide

Postby virtuallyme » Wed May 02, 2012 9:11 am

NIMBY spin machine in overdrive
Its comical
Public opinion is shiFFFFFFting
The times they are a changin'
Last edited by virtuallyme on Wed May 02, 2012 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
virtuallyme

Postby chasgas » Wed May 02, 2012 11:12 am

i believe you meant

S H I F T I N G ............. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

too much........

chasgas
chasgas

Postby etothek » Wed May 02, 2012 11:50 am

...at least we HOPE that public opinion is shifting, and not the way that she worded it.

:mrgreen:
etothek

Postby njed284 » Wed May 02, 2012 11:57 am

knowing Virt, I wouldn't be too sure it was a typo. ed
njed284

Postby virtuallyme » Wed May 02, 2012 12:15 pm

thats what I get for trying to post from my phone - I can't even see the letters let alone type them

virtuallyme

Return to General Discussion