"Anti's Last Push" post being pulled by request of the Polic

"Anti's Last Push" post being pulled by request of the Polic

Postby imgasious » Wed May 16, 2012 6:02 pm

Hi Folks:

Not only do the Anti's not believe in your property rights, they also don't believe in your freedom of speech!

Somehow a warning email sent from an anti from New Berlin made it on to our forum on May 1st. Apparently she Felt ner rights were violated when she found out this happened. I spoke with her on the phone for quite some time last week. It was a civil conversation. I explained first amendment issues and the reality that whatever I send out via email also ends up in Anti postings all over - there's not much we can do about public forums.

Well, after her routine calls to the police, they asked me today to take down her email as courtesy to them. Here are a few thoughts . . .

1. We appreciate our police force and will do this for them. Our men and women of the badge deserve our respect and loyalty. It's sad that someone had to be a dripping faucet to them when they have real issues to deal with.
2. No one had commented on that post for over 2 weeks. It seems that they'd be wiser to let it die in the pile of forgotten posts rather than resurrect it only to create a greater issue.
3. Once again the double standard comes into play. Is she upset when her people use my emails or that of the JLC for their own purposes? Was she upset when, at our personal press conference last Wednesday in Albany, Antis showed up to gain the attention of the media? They don't care about any of our rights - period.
4. Our state needs to turn a deaf ear to childish whining and keep this a purely scientific issue. I don't let my kids get their way through annoying tactics. Four years of pacifying this has done nothing to solve the true issues!
imgasious

Re: "Anti's Last Push" post being pulled by request of the P

Postby WorkItOutAlready » Wed May 16, 2012 7:22 pm

Could you instead respectfully let the State Police know it was culled not from email, but from an Internet repost here:

http://dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/Frank ... essage/314

And maybe also mention that Upstate landowners value the free flow of both natural gas and useful information.
WorkItOutAlready

Postby virtuallyme » Wed May 16, 2012 10:15 pm

OK now that that's done let's all talk about the charming woman.
why not? she's made herself the object of our attention
Like the time she cornered poor Wilma at our last 'coalition members only' meeting, or the time she talked back to Tom Libous at the New Berlin firehall,
or the time she said loudly on video to the Sidney Town Board "you know what, you disgust me!"
showing them no respect even while running for New Berlin town board in herself [loser].
No wonder the cops wanted you to do anything to appease her
try spending 10 minutes in a room with her
virtuallyme

Postby loomisdairy » Thu May 17, 2012 6:23 am

Here you go KIm, repost off the The internet. Perfectly Legal, I will rtepost on ever Pro gas site I can. KIm this just for you, your magical thoughts post for all to see.

Sincerely,
Brandon Loomis

Date: Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Subject: FW: Identifying allies to help ban fracking in New York
To: KFELTER <kfelter1@...>

Please post to your LISTSERVES OR send individually to people you know, if you haven’t received this..

Be careful where you post this so it’s not in the PRO DRILLERS hands...Â

Â

This IS the last push for a FULL BAN on Fracking.

Â

Groups need to get on board with this ONE GROUP to make a FULL IMPACT on Governor Cuomo.

WE NEED TO MAKE OUR PRESENCE KNOWN AS ONE FULL GROUP OR HE WON’T SEE THIS AS THE MAJORITY,

BUT, ONLY SMALL LITTLE GROUPS.

Â

Â

Sent: Monday, April 30, 2012 9:21 PM
To: cheryl@...
Subject: Identifying allies to help ban fracking in New York

Â

Dear Members of New Yorkers Against Fracking,

Governor Cuomo and his Department of Environmental Conservation are poised to move forward with fracking in New York in the next few months. It is more urgent than ever that we align our efforts and work together to show the breadth of popular opposition to fracking and the strength and commitment of the movement to ban it.

That is why we came together as New Yorkers Against Fracking: to collaborate more effectively, coordinate our resources more efficiently, get our stories into the press and strategically mobilize to pressure our elected officials to take a stand against fracking.

Together, we will show Governor Cuomo the true force of the movement to ban fracking in New York.

In the next six weeks, we must turn the tide and make it clear to Governor Cuomo that New Yorkers stand firmly against fracking, now and forever. We need to show him the depth and diversity of New Yorkers Against Fracking. We will do this by networking in our communities, holding press events and organizing rallies, delivering petitions, pressing and asking tough questions of Governor Cuomo and key members of the legislature, and thinking outside the box to make our movement stronger.

TO DO THAT, WE NEED YOUR HELP ON TWO KEY PROJECTS IN THE NEXT SIX WEEKS

1. GET CONSTITUENCY GROUPS SIGNED ON IN SUPPORT OF A BAN ON FRACKING

We need to show Governor Cuomo and our state legislators that the movement to ban fracking embraces a wide range of constituencies, from farmers to faith leaders, wine and beer makers and other vested business interests. Use the endorsement form attached to this email or available on our web site, and ask businesses and organizations in your community to support a ban fracking.

We are looking for businesses, faith leaders, food groups, health organizations and students to collectively call on Governor Cuomo for a ban. We have hundreds of businesses signed up already but need an extra push to have an even greater impact. We need to have a powerful group of businesses; faith-based groups and local organizations signed on by the end of May, so please start speaking to your neighbors today!

A paper endorsement form is attached, but please encourage use of our online form, which can be found here. (Want to provide extra support to the coalition? If your church, local farmer or bagel shop signs the paper form, please enter it online for us. That way our staff will have more time to do additional outreach, plan events and create web sites!)Â

We are focusing primarily on businesses, particularly those in the food industry, and faith-based organizations, but any group, company, or institution is good to have!Â

2. SIGN UP TO BE ON THE RAPID RESPONSE TEAM

As we all know, if we snooze, we loose. There’s too much at stake to let that happen! It’s important that we have a group of people who are interested in responding quickly to new developments in this campaign. We are planning to do this by writing letters to the editor, organizing events, creating fast action press releases or asking tough questions of Governor Cuomo, Senator Grisanti, Senator Skelos or your state representative when they attend events in your area. And if you hear of an event in your area that Governor Cuomo is going to attend, you can let us know so we can connect people on the ground that are interested in “bird-dogging,” or showing up with signs, asking the right questions and getting our voices heard.Â

If you are interested in joining the rapid response team, email Cheryl@...

Also, don’t forget our two exciting upcoming events:

•      On May 2nd, we will be delivering thousands of petitions calling on Governor Cuomo to ban fracking in New York. On May 3rd, join hundreds of other activists across the state in a statewide day of action. To find an event in your neighborhood, click here.

•      On May 15th, there will be an all star concert event in Albany featuring Medeski, Martin & Wood, Natalie Merchant, Citizen Cope, The Felice Brothers, Joan Osborne, Tracy Bonham, Toshi Reagon, Dan Zanes, Ida, The Horse Flies, and The Ahkwesasne Women Singers. This amazing event will be hosted by Mark Ruffalo and Melissa Leo. Tickers are selling out quickly. To make sure you can attend, call 518-473-1845 or click here. (Buses will likely be leaving from New York City, Buffalo and other locations throughout the state. For transportation details, click here.)

Thank you! As always, we look forward to continuing to work with you to protect New York’s food, air, water and communities. If we can help, please don’t hesitate to call.

Cheryl Wertz & David Braun
New York Against Fracking staff

917-573-6282

--
visit me at
http://ellensokolow.org/interfaith_minister/index.html
www.ellensokolow.org

607-829-3702
loomisdairy

Postby etothek » Thu May 17, 2012 6:47 am

Loomis, you beat me to it. I was going to do the same thing.

You are just more nimble than I am.

ed k
etothek

Postby gageboys » Thu May 17, 2012 7:25 am

It's OFFICIAL. My wife and I are adopting Loomis. :lol:
gageboys

Postby loomisdairy » Thu May 17, 2012 7:57 am

Hey Kim don't look now, but The village of New Berlin facebook page just made an official post about you. Great post on NY shale gas Now. Great job. I may print this email and hand them out on the corner in New Berlin today.
loomisdairy

Postby imgasious » Thu May 17, 2012 8:08 am

Thank You all for your understanding and respect for our police and also your vigilance for truth and free speech! I spoke again with the police this morning and mentioned that we took the post down out of respect for them and they greatly appreciated it. I also mentioned that it was a repost from another website and that it was posted back onto our site by our vigilant members who are tired of their rights being violated. They were very respectful of us and emphasized our rights to do as has been done.

My greatest concern is no longer the post but it's gageboys wanting to adopt loomisdairy :shock: What's this world coming to??
imgasious

Postby loomisdairy » Thu May 17, 2012 8:41 am

Brain eveb the village of New berlin picked up this story. To all the law enforcement members out there I am sorry for stirring the bees nest. Godspeed to all the law enforcement men and women, they will need when dealing with Kim Felters.
loomisdairy

Postby imgasious » Thu May 17, 2012 9:02 am

This is what came up on the New Berlin facebook page. When will they ever learn?? :roll:

http://nyshalegasnow.blogspot.com/2012/ ... trate.html

NY State Police Attempt to Arbitrate Upstate Frack Wars, Take on the Internet, Etc.
[Original post the evening of May 16]

Okay, now this is officially getting out of hand.

Bizarre news tonight from imgasious, a/k/a Brian Conover, leader of the CNY Landowners Coalition: The New York State Police have — at the behest of a New Berlin, NY, anti-driller — made a highly unusual request that the pro-drillers' group censor an already forgotten, two-week-old, bulletin board thread which started off by quoting from one of her emails.

The words of hers she didn't like seeing made public might have been these:

"Be careful where you post this so it’s not in the PRO DRILLERS hands..."
I guess — if your first reflex is calling the cops, and demanding official censorship — better late than never.

The original message was simply the New Berliner's forward of an April 30 message — apparently intended solely for the Already Fully Indoctrinated — from Cheryl Wertz and David Braun, Manhattan-based staffers with something called New York Against Fracking.

Among other in-their-minds sensitive information, the big secret might have been that anti-drillers were cooking up an "All Star Concert Event," May 15, in Albany — news of which is now, of course, already aging in most peoples' recycle bins.

The fracktivists might also have been embarrassed by exposure for openly trolling for any New Yorkers, with time on their hands, interested in "bird-dogging" Governor Cuomo — by maybe holding up some anti-frack signage, or shouting out some off-topic questions, at his various public appearances. (Events this administration seems to routinely orchestrate on pretty short notice.)

When the New Berliner's forward was re-forwarded a day or so later to the landowners' Conversational Mosh Pit, it received such trenchant replies as this:
"LOL its a big secret...." — Bonafide.
But now here's Conover of the CNYLC tonight, asking for input from any gotta-work-in-the-morning Discussion Forum participants, and seemingly torn before making a final decision as to how to respectfully respond to the usually clear-thinking Men in Gray and Purple:
"Not only do the Anti's not believe in your property rights, they also don't believe in your freedom of speech! ...After her routine calls to the police, they asked me today to take down her email as courtesy to them."
As of the morning of May 17, however, the version of the post laughed at by landowners still pretty much stands intact, though the original partial reading of the New Berliner's email address — KFELTER (kfelter1@...) — has been stripped out, and an explanation has been added up top.

The apparently original source is also still floating out there in cyberspace — on a highly localized Yahoo group here.

Wait another day, and we'll just have to see what New York's freakout-driven Memory Hole might have eaten lately.
imgasious

Next

Return to General Discussion