LEASES FOR YOU

Re: LEASES FOR YOU

Postby virtuallyme » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:54 am

Aaron F. wrote:
If we start to ask for extremely specific environmental controls or limitations, companies may agree, but will easily be able to use these as reasons to lower their offers

this has already started due to public outcry that prompted DEC GEIS review and revision. According to a neighbor, one Chenango County group of 20K+ acres put a package out to bid and got none...
virtuallyme

Postby Garth » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:58 am

We may need to wait till April or May to send our lease out to bid, after the revised GEIS is done. By then the gas companies will know what they have to deal with here in NY State.

It's only the uncertainty that holds them back now. That, plus they've probably already spent every last penny in their 2008 budgets. . . .
Garth

Postby gppr08 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:52 pm

Garth wrote:We may need to wait till April or May to send our lease out to bid, after the revised GEIS is done. By then the gas companies will know what they have to deal with here in NY State.

It's only the uncertainty that holds them back now. That, plus they've probably already spent every last penny in their 2008 budgets. . . .

Time is an essence to good fortunes
gppr08

Postby Bonafide » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:00 pm

Vestal coalition also got nothing when they sent their lease out for bid, they got 4 companies that are interested and their talks are still on going... :(
Bonafide

Postby csteeley » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:01 pm

The "Naysayers" are slowing things down a bit, but thats ok, because this is going to happen one way or another, we can
wait till spring if we have too!!!!
Chris :roll:
Uncle Rico
csteeley

Postby dracor » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:08 am

Agree.......best offer comes at the best time....which is not the present.
dracor

LEASES

Postby Donna » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:48 am

I am getting mixed messages as to the "reading of the lease" at our next meeting. If the lease is about 45 pages long and there are approximately 500-1000 people present-how many of our questions are actually going to be addressed? At the last meeting several of us had index cards with questions that were never addressed. Those questions, by far, were not nearly as importnat as ones that will arise upon the information pertaining to the lease. If we left with those unanswered questions, how can we vote on such an important document as this lease?
I commend the committee for the excellent work they have done and am amazed at all the time they have had to commit to this cause. I do however, do not think it fair that we are not given the same time or privacy to review such an impotant document as the upcoming lease.
Donna

Postby HarryH » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:47 am

I am not sure of the communication system in the coalition. I carefully watch the forums, however, and do note an important meeting this weekend ( Jan 10) There is no way I can make it. I don't care what system you use, but please keep us, the registered members, up to date with a prompt mailing, e-mail, or something.Thanks. you are doing a great job.

HarryH
HarryH

Re: LEASES

Postby BrookfieldKyle » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:17 am

Donna wrote:I am getting mixed messages as to the "reading of the lease" at our next meeting. If the lease is about 45 pages long and there are approximately 500-1000 people present-how many of our questions are actually going to be addressed? At the last meeting several of us had index cards with questions that were never addressed. Those questions, by far, were not nearly as importnat as ones that will arise upon the information pertaining to the lease. If we left with those unanswered questions, how can we vote on such an important document as this lease?
I commend the committee for the excellent work they have done and am amazed at all the time they have had to commit to this cause. I do however, do not think it fair that we are not given the same time or privacy to review such an impotant document as the upcoming lease.

Just wanted to add my two cents for what its worth regarding the communications link which is vital to our coalition and the important specific issues which need to be addressed at our scheduled meetings in a limited time frame.
I would suggest the coalition set up a specific group of knowledgeable members who would be responsible for answering any questions the membership has going forward and addressing these thru email, phone, or letter form prior to scheduled meeting dates. Importantly, this communication link must be visibly displayed and user friendly on our web site for all to use. Obviously, many do not like to use the General Discussion threads for discussing personal info. As we move forward, I believe this communication link will be vital in keeping the coalition on the same page and thought process and will result in more effiecent use of scheduled meeting times.
BrookfieldKyle

Postby ocean113 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:14 pm

to all
I have suggest in the past that a large general meeting on giving out lease could be done in a different system. I have suggested in smaller groups either by county or small groups by alphabetically. I am comming 3 hours away. I am watching the weather and hope to meet all on Saturday. I also would like to have some question answered.
ocean 113
ocean113

PreviousNext

Return to Contract Issues