Small scale acreage

Small scale acreage

Postby Derckert82 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:08 pm

It has been discussed during meeting that a simple measure of "no drills on lots of 10 acres or less" is being looked at for containment in the leases.

Here is a simple question that I had mentioned in another topic briefly, but bares asking on its own.

If you have a group of people who have enough acreage combined to make a unit of 40, 100, or even 640, but none are more than 10 acres, how do you go about handling it? I heard the lawyers talking about tailoring leases to fit the needs of the members on a need basis. Such things like having a family burial site in your backyard. Obviously, that is off limits for drilling. What about the acreage issue?

If anyone has any insight on this I'd like to hear about it. If you are involved in a situation similar to this might be a condition you are also facing, I'd like to hear your take on this as well.

Don't fear the postman! Everyone has a voice and opinion. Feel free to express them on these forums. ;)
Derckert82

Re: Small scale acreage

Postby Garth » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:11 pm

That's an interesting question.

First off, I think the odds are pretty slim that so many small lots would contiguous around here without a "drillable" site nearby, where they couldn't at least make a 640-acre unit.

But if it does come to pass, I think the gas company would need to negotiate with the landowners and pay one of them extra to amend their lease and allow surface access.
Garth

Re: Small scale acreage

Postby Derckert82 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:13 am

Thanks Garth. I am hoping that we will find ourselves in a more advantageous position down the road for consideration.
Derckert82

Return to Contract Issues